Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Character Meme

I found this incredibly creative meme while reading Erin's latest blog. She made it up herself, but I'm sure we'll all be borrowing it for our own blogs sooner or later! These things are great for learning about our fellow bloggers, so hopefully this will give you a little insight into my bookish mind. Enjoy!

Character you'd most like to have over for tea?
Savannah from The Prince of Tides. She is my favorite character of all time, being so real and true and as strange as it sounds (at least if you've read the book), she completely reminds me of myself. We would share tea, cookies, and compare stories.

Character you'd most like to have as a sibling?
Lily Owens from The Secret Life of Bees. She would make a fabulous little sister. She is so curious, yet insightful about grownup topics. We could have great sisterly chats, yet lots of play time as well. In the bee fields!

Character you'd most like to be friends with?
Hermione Granger of Harry Potter fame. I have very few friends I can actually discuss books with and she would make the perfect one! She reads everything, therefore can provide excellent recommendations and tell me which to not bother with.

Character you'd most like to have as a cousin?
Brian Robeson from Gary Paulsen's Hatchet series. He is smart, adventurous, and could easily teach me how to survive in the woods by myself. However, I wouldn't want him around all the time...that survival mentality may get old after awhile. Cousin will do!

Character you'd most like to have an adventure with?
Violet, Klause, and Sunny from the Lemony Snicket books. Those kids are on a constant adventure and most are quite amusing. I don't know about you, but I want to be around when they come up with their next creative idea to outwit Count Olaf (sadly this won't happen since the series is over).

Favorite quirky character?
Steve, the huge tree from one of my favorite picture books, Our Tree Named Steve. Yes, he's a tree, that's the quirky part, but he is also strong, protective, fun, and amusing all at the same time. Steve rocks!

Favorite love-to-hate character?
Ms. Trunchbull, the headmaster of Matilda's school in Matilda by Roald Dahl. This giant woman is hilariously mean, this being why I love to hate her. She makes the hatred funny.

Favorite bad guy?
The grandmother from Flowers in the Attic. She is the ULTIMATE bad guy. Seriously, poisoning your own grandchildren by placing arsenic on cookies, disguised as sugar...while locking them away in the attic of an old house. Classic bad guy.


Erin said...

Yay, thanks for doing this! The Baudelaire siblings rock. :)

Happy Villain said...

Ooh, someone else who loved The Prince of Tides too! I'm liking you more with each post I read, Amanda! However, my favorite was Luke. In fact, he's one of my all time favorite characters and whenever I have a male hero to name (like in a video game or a story I'm writing), I name him Luke. Savannah was fascinating in a sadder way to me.

Spin_Doc1 said...

Flowers in the Attic, wow that was the first "novel" I read at the tender age of 11.