Friday, February 23, 2007

Hurray for new blogs!

Hello to all and welcome to my new blog! After perusing some wonderful literary blogs (my favorite being The Children's Literature Book Club) for the past few weeks, I came to the all important decision to create one of my own. I read constantly, love to talk about the books I finish, and never have anyone to talk to them about! This whole blog concept is genius! Even if absolutely no one reads my rants about the goings-on in the literary world, at the very least I will have gotten it off my chest and subsequently will just feel better! That being said, if you are reading this and decide my writing is somewhat interesting, persuading you to continue reading my posts, then you will find a lovely mix of reviews (everything from literature, non-fiction, children's, young adult, and the occasional "Fluff" novel), with insights from my amazingly interesting life...though the latter may be a lie.
I have a neverending "To Be Read" list, as do most of you, and always find myself checking out WAY too many books from the library, knowing that I will never get to them all in three weeks, no matter how quickly I read (lucky me, I work at that library, meaning NO late fees). You will get to view that long TBR list, as well as the books I have checked out from the library and any other number of book lists I currently have created. Always the student (currently working on my Master's of Library Science), I will probably even offer insight into current events within the book world...though refusing to even touch on the whole "scrotum" debate. Too much has already been said, you don't need my opinion as well!
I'm really looking forward to sharing my insights with you all, hopefully evoking comments that lead to some form of discussion. I can't wait to some of you to disagree with my opinions, debates are the greatest! Happy blogging!


Stephanie said...

Congratulations on starting you new blog! I was so surprised to see you say that you love my blog because I feel like I'm a nobody among child lit bloggers! Have you checked out or

They are some of my favorites so be sure to check them out if you haven't yet. I'm looking forward to reading more you your blog!

Amanda said...

I haven't checked those out, but I will be sure to! And you shouldn't feel like a nobody amongst child lit bloggers...yours was the first I came across while searching and it is my favorite thus far. I check in almost every day and always look forward to what you've written. So please, keep it up! :-)

Kirsten said...

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for posting this link! I love young adult and children's lit also, but wasn't aware of The Children's Literature Book Club.

Best of luck on completing the MLS also. I completed mine in May 2006. When I applied to the program, I debated whether or not to apply for the children's lit program instead. In the end I decided to go for the broader degree, but I did get to take a lot of great Children's Lit classes as part of the MLS!