Monday, February 26, 2007

Little Pea? Definitely made the Top Ten list!


For all of you lovers of Children's Lit...I hope you've checked out the book Little Pea by Amy Krause Rosenthal. If you haven't, DO IT! I have read this book many times and just fall in love with it all over again each time I revisit it. The story is adorable: a little pea is not happy that he has to eat candy for dinner. He wants his vegetables! The pea explains that candy is yucky and that vegetables are sooo yummy! The pictures are cute, the writing is cute, it is just plain cute! We cannot keep this book on the shelves at the library I work at and I am definitely going to plan on purchasing it for my own collection. Little kids think the book is hilarious due to the nature of the story being about NOT wanting candy for dinner. How absurd a thought! Anyways, everyone should give this book a read, whether you have children or not. It will keep you grinning all day!

No comments: