Thursday, March 29, 2007

Book Meme time!

So much for reviews, these are waay more fun! I was perusing Deena's lovely blog over at A Peek at My Bookshelf and discovered this fun meme. Apparently she located it at Booking Through Thursday where they do a new meme each Thursday. Check out the meme at either sight, or both! Very cool! The meme for today is:

Where do you do most of your reading? Your favorite spot?
I do most of my reading on my living room couch, with Aaron on one side and my dog Shae on the other. I curl up on the cushions and have my favorite blanket around me even in the summer (air conditioners make the temp. perfect blanket weather). This is the typical spot where I can be found most evenings after work and mornings before work. I also read in bed before I go to sleep, though the reading is very short lived at that point! When I'm in bed my eyes tend to close! That is the time of day that I read a little bit from whatever book Aaron and I are working through together (currently The Five Love Languages).

Though the couch is my "typical spot," I also have a favorite reading spot. I love to read in this little park in Auburn, New York...well...at least when I was still living there. It's called Hoopes Park, across from one of Auburn's elementary schools and features a lovely duck pond, gazebo and lots of benches, as well as a path for walkers around the entire park. In nice weather I would take a blanket and book and read there until dark. Loved it! I can't wait to move back so I can do that again!

These are fun! I'll look forward to doing one each Thursday! For now, leave a comment with a link to your blog so I can see your answers to the question. This is like Getting to Know You 101 in college..but lots more fun!

7 comments:

Debi said...

Your little park sounds idyllic! I've been playing Booking Through Thursday for several weeks now...it's a fun one!

Literary Feline said...

The park does sound like a great place to read. :-) My animals like to join me on the couch when I'm reading too. It makes the moments even more special!

Bookgirl said...

I like the sound of your reading place! I used to have a favorite comfy couch. Sigh. Now I mainly read in bed. I need to go shopping for a new couch :)

Amelia said...

Wow - that park sounds amazing! Very picturesque! And you're reading place sounds cozy, too! ;)

Amelia said...

Ooopss...meant "your", not "you're"...

lectitans said...

Your reading spots sound lovely.

My answer is here:

http://lectitans.livejournal.com/7587.html

Jen said...

Thanks for starting this up, Amanda! I quite enjoyed writing about it. Like you, I have various waterside places that I enjoy reading, from Bar Harbor, Maine to the Mendocino Coast in California to a certain patio in Hawaii. Thanks again!

Jen Robinson