Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's been a long day

Have you ever had a day where you wish you could crawl back into bed and just start over again? After spending my morning with my dog, whose face and legs became mysterious swollen over the course of a couple hours, a vet visit was finally imminent. We discovered that our lively Shae, that just loves being outside, is allergic to bees and had been stung right on her snout. Nice huh? So this poor dog had a nose that she couldn't breath out of and eyes she couldn't see out of, not to mention swollen legs and this constantly confused look on her face. She was a balloon the poor thing. And of course, I'm the overbearing worried "mama" who was distraught all day long trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with her, until the vet finally explained to us what most likely happened and gave her a couple of shots. $80.00 later, the dog is fixed, our bank account now broken.
After all this, I headed off to work and Aaron finally had his appointment with those all important people at the Air Force base that decide our fate. We are trying desperately to find a way to move back to New York or at the very least, be transferred somewhat closer being that we are currently about 2,200 miles away from there. The news wasn't good. Or at least the outlook isn't good. No matter how the man tries to sugarcoat it and tell us to "be positive" his words basically told us we're most likely stuck here for the next 3 years. Yippee. We just keep telling ourselves "God has a plan and He will see us through." Just gotta keep reminding myself of that. It will all work out one way or another. Any extra prayers you have hanging around would be great. :-)
Through all of this, I did manage to make a dent in the books I'm reading for some of the challenges. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Wedding Ring and though not thrilled with it, it's nice, light reading for my messy brain. I still have most of Inkheart to read, but have gotten about halfway through Little Town on the Prairie. Reviews will follow as soon as I get a little more organized. However, being new to this whole blogging experience, I'm not quite sure how to make a strikeout line through the books I've completed for the challenges, so for now, those are in bold. If any of you could make a suggestion as to how to do that, it would be great. Until next time..happy reading to all!

9 comments:

Deena said...

You do this (my newest trick;0)

(strike)book title(/strike)

In between the strikes is the title of your book...when you publish it, it will have a line drawn through it...you use < and > instead of the ( and )...comment wouldn't go through that way

tada!!

ajsnow said...

Hey lovely, I know this all just seems like a never ending cycle of disapointment but I promise you i will fight and work for this in every way I can. I made this blog today so I could finally come and make comments on your awesome book blog! Now lets just see if I can ever come up with something worth saying on your posts...considering I read about 1 to your 50 books...we'll see about that hehe. :-) LOVE YOU

cipriano said...

First of all, I had one of those days that you are describing in sentence ONE, like.... just this morning!
Secondly-ish, my cat Jack chose to have his one and only severe illness exactly two or so days before I was leaving for Christmas holidays [last year, like a few months ago] and so I not only had to take him to the vet and pay outrageous fees there, but ALSO I had to hire a professional cat-sitter guy to come into my apartment TWICE A DAY while I was gone [for the ten days] and administer medicine to my cat!
My bill at the end of it all? About 600 smackers! [Mind you, that's in Canadian funds.... so about $14.99 American.....!]
So..... yes, I am a man "acquainted with [pet] grief"..... "smitten" as it were!

3M said...

Sorry for your bad day--I hope something comes through for you so you can move.

I just finished Inkheart and enjoyed it very much.

Kailana said...

I am having a bad day already this morning. We have an exchange student and she had to get up early this morning and she woke me up. Than, yesterday, I really hurt my back and I am still in a lot of pain today, so looks like I am taking the morning off to spend some time with ice and the couch.

Sorry about your dog :(

Debi said...

Oh, you poor thing! Really does sound like a bad day! Hope your pooch is feeling better after the shots...poor girl! And I'm sorry about your bad news, as well. I spent a lot of years moving around because of my husband's schooling (and some of the places made me miserable...at least at first). But now we are FINALLY settled in for good in a place we absolutely love (which happens to be in upstate NY). It was all worth it to get here.
Hang in there, and vent all you want!
I just started reading Inkheart...haven't gotten far yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Faith said...

I'm sorry about your stinky bad day, but glad that your dog wasn't hurt more seriously!! I have full faith and confidence that you will find God's plan for you in the challenges that you're facing. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

I'm sorry, what a rotten day.

Amelia said...

I'm sorry to learn what happened to your baby (Shae). Glad that everything is okay!

Lots of prayer and good thoughts are being sent your way! I really hope everything works out and you get to move close to home! And you're right, God does have a plan and I'm more than sure it will all work out for you :)