Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Reading Thing Challenge

I LOVE challenges and this one from Callapidder Days is no exception! Here is my Spring Reading List, based on books I've been wanting to read but haven't found the time, though I'm sure I'll be find more to add new ones to add soon!

*Revised for the LAST time*

1. The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice
2. The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
3. The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
4. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
5. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
6. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
7. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
8. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
9. Wedding Ring by Emilie Richards
10. Left Behind by Tim LaHaye
11. The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle
12. The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood
13. Family by Karen Kingsbury
14. Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
15. These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
16. Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian
17. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian

I tried adding fun books, YA books, and some serious non-fiction and novels in there. That will A. Par down my TBR list by 10 and B. give a good variety of reviews for all of you!

13 comments:

Kathleen aka Coffee Mom said...

I've seen Nineteen Minutes on a few lists. It sounds interesting. I read Hatchet with one of my boys last year and all the following books since. Gary Paulsen is great.

Faith said...

I've read Inkspell, and recall liking it, although it wasn't memorable enough that I could tell you anything else about it. And I've also read Left Behind.

You'll have fun doing all that reading.

Katrina said...

Great variety! I've been curious about Inkspell for a while, as well as Funke's other books. And I usually enjoy Jodi Picoult's books -- Nineteen Minutes looks really good. Thanks for joining in the challenge. Enjoy your reading!

Nise' said...

Checking out your reading list! I have seen Nineteen Minutes on quite a few lists. I love to read Luanne Rice.

Katya said...

The Prince of Tides is one of my favorite books. I love the way he makes South Carolina's Low Country into a character all by itself.

Amelia said...

I read Left Behind - it had be me thinking for days. Just the thought of "what if?"

BTW - I saw you had Kabul Beauty School in your TBR pile. I read it and thought it was great. I definitely recommend that you give it a shot if you have the time.

Heidi said...

Good luck on your list. Except the LaHaye book, I haven't heard of them. I will be interested in seeing how you like them!

Deena said...

Amanda, My Bad!! I put the wrong series title in my blog on reading!! I've corrected it, and included a link to the books...so sorry--the mind, it slips in the menopausal years!!

Jennifer said...

I'm almost finished with Eat, Pray, Love and like it. I have read some Picoult, and actually have one of her books on my list, but not that one.

Lisa writes... said...

Is Inkspell the first, or Inkheart? Anyway, at my sons' recommendations I read whichever is the first and found it enjoyable although not spectacular.

They also loved Hatchet so I may have to pick that up sometime in the near future.

And I loved Laura Ingalls as a child! Not too long ago I reread some of my childhood favorites like Anne of Green Gables and loved it all over again!

C said...

hi. i was just checking out some of the links on the reading challenge. I didn't know we could pick more then 5. I thought I was being daring by squeezingin a 6th book! I think I'm going to have to add some more!!!
Marie

Boltbabe said...

Hatchet is one of my sons all time favorite books of childhood. He really likes Paulsen's writing. Lovin your list!

soleil said...

eat, pray, love is FantastiC. you have to read this book. i recommend it to everyone. it is a delightful and completely inspiring journey of self-discovery and self-realization.
my favorite parts are the poet that gives her instructions to freedom, the speech the texas yogi gives her about soulmates and the acorn realization.