Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's my Birthday!!!

Yes folks, I am another year old and I suppose another year wiser. Most people don't like birthdays once they get out of the teen years and though I'm not that much older than those "teen years" I still love having birthdays. It reminds me that I am blessed to be alive and to have experienced as much as I have, as well as a great excuse to eat cake! In honor of this lovely occasion, I am allowing myself to purchase a couple of books I've wanted and to eat as much birthday cake as my tummy will allow! I received a B&N gift card from my lovely friend Victoria and will probably have that spent by this evening....and I also may just par down my wishlist on Christianbook.com and buy a couple there as well. My fabulous fiance gave me a beautiful cross necklace as a gift...I've been searching for the "right" one for months and he finally found one! And my mother sent me an awesome polka dot dress to wear on my honeymoon...black, white, and lime green!! It's been a great birthday and I thank God to have blessed me with another year! I'll let you all know what I purchase as far as books go!

10 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Happy birthday! I still enjoy my birthdays, even if they are uneventful. :-)

cipriano said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!
Everything good to you!
-- Cip

So Many Books... said...

Happy Birthday!

Debi said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Faith said...

Happy birthday!!!!! I hope it was the most wonderful day!

Katya said...

Happy Birthday! Getting to buy new books -- what a pleasure!

Bookgirl said...

A bit late but still wanted to wish you a lovely day! Sounds like you had a good one :)

Gavin said...

Many Happy Returns, even though it's a bit belated :)

Deena said...

Happy Belated Birthday, dear friend! My hubby has been having to hog, I mean use the computer lots lately, so my blog reading is behind...

So glad to read about your blessings on your birthday:-)

soleil said...

i love birthdays too! i just turned 26 yesterday and i couldn't have been more excited. i feel like each birthday is a fresh start, a time to renew and make changes and set new goals and re-invigorate myself.
anyway, happy april birthday!