Saturday, April 14, 2007

More books!!

Ooh how I love buying books! It's not very often that I can justify buying them, usually because it's between books and groceries and the food just has to win out, but when I can buy them, I love it!! I just feel good for days after! After my little shopping spree, I'm all stocked up for books to bring on my trip up to NY next month and then on my honeymoon. Yippee! Here's what I ended up with:

Using a fabulous B&N gift card that I received on my birthday...

Castles in the Sand by Sally John
The Potluck Club: Trouble's Brewing by Linda Evans Shepard
Coldwater Revival by Nancy Jo Jenkins
Always Green by Patti Hill

Three of those and the second book in a series, so I'm super excited to get to them. After all that B&N shopping on a gift card, I was able to make my own little purchase over at ChristianBook.com. There, I made off with:

Quilts from Heaven by Lucinda Seacrest McDowell
The Good Nearby by Nancy Moser
Scrap Everything by Leslie Gould
The Quilt of Hope by Mary Tatem
Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson
and a new bible cover! :-)

All of this shopping was very profitable for my Christian fiction shelves! All being rather lighthearted reading, since I will be on my honeymoon and all. No need to revert back to my love of tragic stories until the end of May! Next on my to-buy-list are preorders of both Luanne Rice and Charles Martin's new novels, both releasing in early summer and bound to be tearjerkers. Can't wait for those! Has anyone else bought anything great lately?

9 comments:

Katya said...

Isn't it just great buying books? I feel wonderful for days after as well -- and I keep looking at my new books. I keep meaning to reading Luanne Rice but haven't yet. Is there a particular one you'd recommend?

Debi said...

Happy reading! Your enthusiasm never fails to leave me smiling!

So Many Books... said...

It looks like you ordered some great books. =) I just picked up a copy of Frasier Island by Susan Paige Davis and When Bobbie Sang the Blues by Peggy Darty.Looking forward to reading them both.

Amanda said...

Katya, if you're going to read Luanne Rice, my favorite is Cloud Nine. Follow the Stars Home is what got me hooked on her though!

Gavin said...

I can't believe I haven't visited your site before. I'm loving going through your old posts. I'm also a big christian fiction fan. In fact I recently did a post on a pile of books I bought at a sale in my local christian bookstore. I'm currently reading Mindy Starns Clark's Million Dollar Mysteries.

Gavin
http://digitalife.wordpress.com

Amanda said...

I haven't visted your site either, so I'll have to make my way over there!! Thanks for stopping by!

Deena said...

Buying books makes my soul smile:-)

I invested in the series by Joe Hilley, and ordered Brandilyn's Bradleyville series...

I'm waiting on three shipments from CBD.com and some books for the Christian Fiction Bloggers Alliance to review.

You bought some yummy titles...can't wait to read about what you think:=)

Bookfool said...

I've been trying not to buy, but I got True Grit (didn't even know it was a book, but I've loved the movie for eons) and Foreign Fruit by JoJo Moyes with a gift card. Now, if I can just get the books I'm obliged to read and review out of the way!

It's always an upper to get new ones, isn't it? I love Lisa Samson, btw - will look forward to your review on that one.

Cee Cee said...

I, like bookfool, was trying to calm down on the buying binge. But who am I kidding? I just bought Abide With Me by Elizabeth Strout and Runaway by Alice Munroe. For Christian fiction, I need to read the ones I have!!