Thursday, April 5, 2007

Reminder!!!

Last chance to enter the BAFAB contest!! I'll be drawing a name around 7pm my time (Mountain), meaning 6pm on the west coast and 9pm on the east coast. Make sure you comment here or at the original post from a few days ago to enter to win a free book of your choice! Good luck!

Booking Through Thursday Meme

I love this blog and their fun Thursday memes! Here's the latest...

1. Just out of curiosity, as we enter into Passover and Easter season . . . have you ever read the Bible? Just the odd chapter or Psalm? The whole thing? (Or, almost the whole thing? It's some heavy reading, of course, and those "begats" get kind of tedious.)
-I read the bible every single day, though I cannot say I've completed the entire thing. I don't read entire books of the Bible at a time, I read by verses or chapters, depending on my devotional for the day. At times, when I feel the need to be especially close to God, I will read an entire chapter, usually Matthew.

2.
If so, was it from religious motivation or from a literary perspective? Stuck with nothing else to read in a hotel room the Gideon's have visited? Any combination?

-I became saved almost a year ago and since then have devoured portions of the Bible, trying to learn as much about the Lord as I possibly can. Therefore, my Reading of the Bible is definitely from a religious motivation, rather than simply "wanting something to read." Reading scripture not only brings me closer to God, but it also is educational, and being that I am a newer Christian, this is a very important part of my reading.

3. If not, why not? Against your religious principles? Too boring? Just not interested? Something you're planning on taking care of when you get marooned on a desert island?
-N/A

4. And while we're on the subject . . . what about the other great religious works out there? Are they more to your liking?
-I have not read any other religious works, nor do I really have the desire. It is interesting to see how other religions compare to Christianity, but to go as far as studying them, as I do the Bible, I'm not interested in doing that.


3 comments:

Debi said...

Hi Amanda! Sorry, this has nothing to do with your post, but I wanted to let you know that you've been given the Thinking Bloggers Award. Stop by to read about it. (dastevens.blogspot.com)
Have a great night!

Cee Cee said...

Congrats Amanda on your award! Eat, Pray, Love is really a great memoir. Happy reading!

Amanda said...

Thank you both!! I'm so excited about this...my poor fiance has no idea what the "Thinking Blogger" award is, but from how I'm making it sound you would think I won an Oscar! It is a big deal to me...I just write what I personally think, but apparently I'm making others think now too! Thanks again!