Friday, April 6, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Imagine my surprise last night when Debi informed me that I had won the Thinking Blogger award! I was ecstatic! I began this blog back in February, after being a frequent "book blog browser," figuring that I may as well share my own opinions of books, being that I am constantly reading something. I never expected people to actually read my blog, let alone think of it as one of their favorites or one that makes them think. Apparently, I underestimated myself and I really do thank all of you who read my daily thoughts/reviews/etc.

Now, on to the good stuff! It's my turn to nominate 5 blogs that make me think. I really did think long and hard about this, mainly because I read a lot of blogs (check out the blog list on the right...I visit those sites almost every day) and though all make me think about something, I wanted to list blogs that really cause me to stop and consider what I just read and how it relates to my own life. For those I do nominate,

The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote

In no particular order, here are the blogs (and bloggers) that Make Me Think, and why I chose them:

1. Deena at A Peek At My Bookshelf
-Each day, Deena posts a review of a book she read, typically from the Christian genre and because of her daily posts, my TBR list has grown by at least 15 books. She writes reviews in a manner that allows readers to see how that particular book affected her on a personal level, no matter how "light" or "heavy" the reading material may be. She causes me to stop and think about how I will personally be affected if I read that particular book.

2. Lisa at Lisa Writes
-Lisa writes about her love of the Lord, the manner in which God works through her, and how her family tries to serve God. Being a fellow Christian (and constantly trying to be a better one), Lisa gives me insight into what it's like to have an enormous faith, yet still make mistakes along the way. She is incredibly honest and outspoken in her beliefs, leading me to try and be the same way. One should never be afraid to talk about love for our Creator and reading this blog has resulted in me being more outspoken and comfortable with my strong sense of faith in Jesus.

3. Cipriano from Book Puddle
-We all need a little humor in our lives and Cipriano does that for me. He posts quirky photos, quotes, and personal anecdotes about books and life in general. The photos alone make you stop and think, before you even read his post. He is blunt in his opinions, as well as funny, making for a very refreshing blog experience.

4. Happy Villain from Happyville Library
-I am a librarian and I love reading stories about other librarian's patron experiences. This blog is absolutely hilarious and I can relate to each and every post she makes. Being able to read how she handles certain situations allows me to shape and mold my own ways of reacting to patrons.

5. Fusenumber8 at A Fuse #8 Production
-Though another fellow librarian, this blogger writes about all sorts of things "book related." She includes fun reviews that offer a different look at children's/YA selections, author interviews, and lots of interesting tidbits of information you may not find anywhere else.

There's my list of fellow Thinking Bloggers! I'll leave ya'll a comment somewhere on your blog to let you know you were part of this award. I was honored to have been given that award and hope these bloggers enjoy it as much as I have. Thanks again Debi!!


Lisa writes... said...

Oh wow, Amanda, thanks so much for thinking that I think! :-) I am glad to know that my simple reflections bring some encouragement to you. I'm like you, I am surprised to find that people do actually read what I write, "let alone think of it as one of their favorites or one that makes them think." The fact that you would put me in such a category amazes and humbles me. Thank you!

P.S. I love your pic--you're adorable!

Debi said...

I are adorable! Somehow very much how I pictured you.
Glad you enjoyed being chosen. And I'm excited to go check out some of your picks!

Deena said...

I am so honored and humbled by you...all I do is write about books...but books do have an impact on my life, and I do love to share that with other people. I am just so pleased that you enjoy the book blog so much, and that you've found new things to read. That was my goal. And you are precious, dear friend. Thank you for thinking of me.

And now I have to go and check out those other made them sound so good!!

cipriano said...

Amanda, I sat and thunk of many things to say, in response to your choice of me as one of the THINKING BLOGGERS out there in Blogstralia... then I got into the comments section here and read that Lisa is saying EXACTLY what I was going to say.
Truly, I am honored and humbled. As Deena also said she is, so am I.
It is just such great fun to be able to write and muse upon books and life, in such a simple, straightforward fashion, and have other thoughtful people, like yourself, READ IT!
Blogstralia is a great country to be from!
Thank you, fellow citizen! Comrade!

Kim said...

Congrats on the award! I visit your blog every day and even thought I don't comment too much, I love to read what you write! Keep up the good work!

Happy Villain said...


Thanks so much for the award! I really appreciate it and I'm honored that there's something I might talk about that makes you think. That is enough for me!

I will try to honor the spirit of the award by presenting it to others, but I haven't had a moment to read any other blogs lately. When I find the time, I will certainly do the right thing and continue this wonderful tradition.

Thanks again!