Thursday, April 19, 2007


It's Thursday folks and that means time for Booking Through Thursday's latest meme. If you answer the question too, make sure to leave me a link so I can check out your posting. Happy Thursday!

"Okay, there must be something you read that's a guilty pleasure . . . a Harlequin romance stashed under the mattress. A cheesy sci-fi book tucked in the back of the freezer. A celebrity biography, a phoned-in Western . . . something that you'd really rather not be spotted reading. Even just a novel if you're a die-hard non-fiction fan. Come on, confess. We won't hold it against you!"

My guilty pleasure? People magazine. And Entertainment Weekly. Seriously, I know it's not that big of a deal, but I am such a celebrity snob! Basically meaning I know everything there is to know about celebrities, based on what People tells me. Every Friday, Aaron is at the store buying me my latest copy, while I'm at home catching up on my Entertainment Weekly. I don't even like half of the people I'm reading about, but I still like to know!! I draw the line at the tabloids, and no, I do not believe these two magazines are tabloids! No Star, Globe, or OK for me. It's strictly People and E-Weekly. It may seem completely "nonliterary" to be reading those mags, but trust me, when we play Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture, EVERYONE wants me on their team! :-)


Kim said...

LOL! I am exactly the same way! I have subscriptions to both Entertainment Weekly and US Weekly! I can't get enough of the Hollywood gossip :0)

Debi said...

Your answer was soooo much more interesting than mine! Glad you played!

Literary Feline said...

I hadn't even thought of magazines. I like Entertainment Weekly too and am sad we let our subscription lapse on that one. I miss it!

Cee Cee said...

I'll never tell! ;)

I'm like you, I do enjoy a good entertainment magazine. I tend to pick up one with my groceries. But what gets me is when I stand in line with my son discussing these people like we know them.

I'm still not over Brad Pitt divorcing Jennifer!

Amy said...

I have a subscription to People too!

Katya said...

Oh me too! I have a subscription to EW but I can't bring myself to subscribe to People.