Thursday, May 31, 2007

Busy busy

Well it's definitely summer in New Mexico and the Summer Reading Program has started at the library, meaning my time is taken up with 1500 kids, instead of with blogging and reading. I've worked overtime every day this week, but I'm not complaining! I've come home with big blisters on my fingers from opening 400 stuck glue bottles and cutting out about 1000 craft shapes for our kick-off Color Carnival this Friday. I got word at about 6pm yesterday that we still have a bunch of money to spend on children's books before our fiscal year is up, which just happens to be today. So myself and the other children's librarian have up until this afternoon to spend it all, which is more difficult than it sounds, but still fun! Spending other people's money on books is great! I'm tired, but still not complaining! I love the craziness of this time of year.... it makes the days fly by, but does leave less time for the fun stuff.

I have, in all of this craziness of the week, finished a book The Quilter's Homecoming, by Jennifer Chiaverini and will have a review up of that tomorrow. I've also decided that I'm going to make Saturday's "Children's Book Review" day for my own blog. I read so many picture books, being that I'm in charge of ordering those for our library, and rarely review them. I think some people could benefit from those, or at least would find them interesting, so I'll have a few every Saturday. Look for those on Saturday and for now, enjoy your Thursday!

3 comments:

Deena said...

Oh, I loved women like you when I was growing up!!! The library Summer reading program was my favorite time of the year...last year, my son read over 100 books and earned oodles of prizes...and he had so much fun...it took me back to the days I was his age...

You rock, sistah!! Praying for those sore fingers...but take it from me...it is SO worth it!!

Cee Cee said...

Deena took the words right off my keyboard! You GO GIRL!! Keep encouraging those precious children.

Debi said...

Oh, what fun it must be ordering books!