Oh how I've missed blogging!! It's true, really, I missed it, but I was having such a blast getting married and all that there just wasn't much time for it. Now that I'm back in NM (as Mrs. Aaron Snow), I can get back down to the business of reading all of your posts and making my own. For all of you interested in the wedding/honeymoon stuff, here's a brief rundown:
Our wedding day was beautiful and sunny and just plain perfect. Everything went the way it was supposed to, which was great after a week of complete chaos and stress on my end. I basically went into panic mode the week before the wedding and was finally able to calm down on the actual day. During the ceremony we both teared up quite a bit, but not so much that we couldn't get our vows out! The reception was a blast and we had people coming up to us all night telling us how good the food was and how much fun they were having, so I guess we scored points on that end! I secretly had rented a popcorn machine, just like they have at the theaters, as a surprise for Aaron at the reception (we go into the movie theater just to buy popcorn, we don't actually stay to watch a movie...he loves it that much) and he was thrilled with that. Lots of fun over all!
The honeymoon was GREAT!! We went on a cruise to Key West and Cozumel, Mexico and then spent a day and a half in Fort Lauderdale and we had such a good time. The cruise was amazing and I would recommend anyone to take one of those. We were skeptical at first, having heard mixed reviews from past cruisers, but it ended up being great. Key West was fantastic, though a bit rainy. That didn't deter us from walking all over the island, seeing Hemingway's house, the Southern most point, and the lighthouse (for my sake). Cozumel was beautiful, sunny, and very warm, so we spent our day there at a beach club, snorkeling and swimming in the ocean, which was lots of fun. Once back in Florida, we drove down to the Everglades and saw lots of alligators, geckos, turtles, and herons, all in the wild, which was a nice change from zoos!
Now it's time to head back into reality, with work starting up again tomorrow morning for both of us and our house search starting. We can't decide whether we want to move onto the Airforce base, keep renting off-base, just in another area, or actually buy a house. We'll see I guess! Oh and I did manage to read 3 books on my vacation, so reviews will be up tomorrow, but for today there was a meme Deena tagged me for a couple weeks back that I've been meaning to do, so for tonight, that's what I'm doing! Enjoy!
First, these are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
My Random Facts:
1. I collect teapots! :-) Such a fun hobby, let me tell you! I search for them everywhere I go and it always makes vacation souvenirs shopping more interesting. My latest find was at the butterfly conservatory in Key West. The teapot has 3-D flowers all over it, giving it quite the unique look. Love them!
2. I am fanatical about having natural light in my house. From the minute I get up until it's dark outside, I want the blinds and curtains wide open! This, of course, drives Aaron nuts because our house gets so incredibly hot during the day, with the sun beating in. The air conditioner can be going full blast, but it's still hot in here. I can't help it though, closed blinds during the day make me feel like I'm living in a cave!
3. I was head cheerleader in high school. And the prom queen. Yes, quiet, shy little Amanda had her outgoing moments! I loved basketball cheerleading, not so much football, but I did it anyways. And I was lucky enough to be pretty much friends with everyone in high school, so the prom queen thing was a nice compliment to me. Though I have this whole social anxiety thing, and had it even during those years, I'm always ok as long as I'm not the only center of attention, therefore cheerleading and prom court were fun!
4. Sometimes I sneak a peek at the last page of a sad story, just to make sure it turns out ok. I know, I know, that's a horrible thing for a devoted reader to do, but sometimes I just get so attached to characters that I just have to know they are ok in the end. Doesn't always work out for me though.
5. I love reality television. It's addicting and I just can't help it, so leave me alone! I love Survivor, The Amazing Race, anything Real World/Road Rules related, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, etc. The "bad" reality shows (Real World/Road Rules) I end up shouting at the tv during, because I really can't stand them. Unfortunately I can't turn them off either.
6. I love the ocean and find myself at peace when I am near it or standing in it with the waves at my feet, however I HATE swimming in it. I know what is in that water and I do not like it! No thank you to sharks, jellyfish, crabs, lobsters, biting fish, etc. I am an excellent swimmer, but in the ocean won't go out farther than where I can see my feet on the bottom. On our honeymoon, if Aaron wanted to go farther than that, I had to be on his back, not touching the sand. I'm weird, I know. I just don't like creepy crawly things!
7. I cannot stand anything related to peoples' mouths or teeth. I went to nursing school for a bit and the sight of blood and yucky stuff like that doesn't bother me in the least. The surgery channel, I love to watch it. But show me the inside of someones mouth and I am completely grossed out. At my dentist he likes to put a little camera in patient's mouths and show them on a huge tv screen what exactly he is doing in there. He told me I'm the only patient that ever told him to shut off the tv. Mouths are gross!
8. I can't go to sleep if my house is messy, especially my bedroom. I can be dead tired, but if there are clothes on the floor or bills on the counter needing to be filed, anything really, I have to clean up and put things away before I can rest. Trust me, this can get very annoying on busy days when I'm exhausted, but both Aaron and I have worked all day and the house is a bit messy. Gotta clean it up before sleepy time though! I'm anal about silly things!
Ok folks, that's all for now. Since I've been out of the loop a bit I'm actually not going to tag anyone for this meme because I know most of you have already done it. If you do want to do it though, please leave me a link to your blog so I can read your answers! Reviews tomorrow!