Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Non-Fiction 5 and April List

I've finalized my list for the Non-Fiction Five Challenge, which begins today. The books I'll be reading are:

A Dad Shaped Hole in My Heart by H. Norman Wright
From Baghdad With Love by Jay Kopelman
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace by Greg Mortensen
Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan
Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez

Alternate:
The Bookseller of Kabul by Seierstad

I think that is a great combination of books that I've not only been wanting to read, but have been recommended to read. Hopefully I'll enjoy!

After looking over my list of books read in April, I realized I read a lot more than usual! I don't really know how this happened, with all the wedding planning and such, but that's a good thing. I love accomplishing a lot of reading!

April Reads

Inkheart
by Cornelia Funke
Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Family by Karen Kingsbury
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Used and Rare by Goldstone
Forever by Karen Kingsbury
At the Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice
These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Day of Reckoning by Kathy Herman
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Vital Signs by Kathy Herman
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
Kaleidoscope Eyes by Karen Ball
Left Behind by Tim Lahaye
The Crying Rocks by Janet Taylor Lisle
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood
Among the Hidden by Margaret Haddix
Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

A very enjoyable bunch of books for the most part. Some I loved, some I didn't care for so much, but overall, it was a good mix of adult, juvenile, YA, humor, and serious topics. Hopefully May will be just as good!

7 comments:

Deena said...

You're just a girl after my heart, you are, you are!!

When you look back on all you've read, don't you feel such a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment??

And what joy these authors bring when, pen to paper, they endeavor to produce such works as to change us from the inside out. (That's my original quote I just thought up!!)

soleil said...

what's the non-fiction 5? can anyone do it?

Amanda said...

Yes Soleil, anyone can do it. Thoughts of Joy is hosting it over at her blog. I've left the link for you to check it out!

http://thoughtsofjoyblog.blogspot.com/

Cee Cee said...

Everytime I read your blog I'm reminded of titles I want to read outside of Christian fiction. I have to get my reading flow back again so I can have a PATCHWORK of BOOKS read by the end of the month.

Speaking of that, if I didn't write down my reading accomplishments I wouldn't think I've read a thing. So often I think I only read 3 or so books, but then I look at my list and I'm surprised. Weird.

Debi said...

I am in awe, Amanda! Oh how I wish I could get that much read!
My daughter and I are both participating in the Non-Fiction Five, too. I figure it's the push I need to finally read some books I've been meaning to get to for years.

Framed said...

Wow, you are a marathon reader. I'm in awe. Your non-fiction list looks great. Two of these books are on my TBR list, Kopelman and Grogan, so I will be interested in your reviews of them. I listed 12 books for the challenge but hope I finish 5. I see very little duplication in the lists I have read on other posts so this promises to be one of those challenges that really adds to old TBR list.

cipriano said...

You are a voracious reader, Amanda.
We should call you Bookiverous!
That is a remarkable pile of books to have read in one month.
I read, like, THREE?
I envy your proliferance!
-- Cip