Sunday, July 1, 2007

1/2 Way Mark!

Already this year is half over, can you all believe that? It just seems crazy to me that 2007 is now on it's way to being over. In honor of reaching that mark, besides giving the list of the books I've read this month, I've tallied the books I've completed for the year, as well as the pages. Lots read, but lots more to be read. I would love to see some of your own lists, if you make them. Just leave me a comment and I'll come visit!

Books Read in June
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Aleutian Sparrow by Karen Hesse
The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs by Betty Birney
The Lost Flower Children by Janet Taylor Lisle
Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez
Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Chiodenko
Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson Haddix
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The Treasures of Weatherby by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
Tristan's Gap by Nancy Rue

12 Books read isn't so bad, though a lot of them would be classified as children's books. Still, I read them, they count! Now for the year thus far:

January-June 2007

Total Books Read: 71
Total Pages Read: 23,199
Favorite Adult Book So Far: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Favorite YA Book So Far: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Favorite Juvenile Fiction So Far: The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

It's been a very eventful year, bookwise, so far and I can only hope to continue reading awesome books for the remainder of 2007. Again, if you make a list like this one, leave me a comment or link to your page and I'll read up. Always on the lookout for more books to read!

6 comments:

soleil said...

have you seen the documentary kabul beauty school?

Debi said...

I almost bought The Mysterious Benedict Society yesterday at B&N. Carried it around with me for an hour before putting it back and telling myself I could wait until it was out in paperback. I'll bet I don't actually make that long!

Lisa said...

Hi,

My half year wrapup is here:
http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com/2007/07/on-downward-slide.html

I didn't come near to your 71 books, but a still respectible (I think) 36.

Stephanie said...

The Book Thief is probably my favorite book this year! Fantastic book! Great list!

soleil said...

i made my list. it's my current post. i only have about 28. not even close to your 71.

gautami tripathy said...

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is a very good book. I had liked his "Kite Runner" too.

I completed 7 books in June and already 2 in July!

gautami
My Own Little Reading Room