Thursday, August 9, 2007

Challenge Updates

Well, since I just joined a new challenge (that being the New Authors Challenge), I figured it was time for some challenge updates. I recently completed the Summer Reading Challenge, having read 13 books for that. I didn't get to Inkspell since it was constantly checked out at my library, but I did read both of my bonus/alternate selections, so it evened out just fine.

As for the Non-Fiction Five Challenge, we are nearing the end of our journey with just August and September left. My August selection just wasn't my cup of tea at the time (no pun intended), so used an alternate I've been meaning to read. Though Marley & Me is not exactly heavy non-fiction, it is something I can relate to as I have a Marley myself. Crazy dog syndrome! I just started it and am really looking forward to finishing it.

I just added two bonus/alternate books to my New Author Challenge list.

I am two books in to the year-long Book Award Challenge and am trying to stick to the "one book a month" deal. We'll see how that goes.

I think that's it! I am really looking forward to any fall challenges and of course will probably join them all. What can I say? Addiction maybe?


Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great update, congratulations on finishing the Summer Reading challenge :) I have been staying away from challenges lately, but I did join the Fall one last year. Not sure if I will this fall or not.

Oh, and I just got "Marley and Me" on my last library run. I haven't gotten to it yet, but will soon. I've been told to read it with Kleenex. Would love to hear what you think when you finish with it :)

Happy Reading!

Cee Cee said...

Addiction? No. Fun way to read books and meet new people? Yes! Besides, how am I to find out about new challenges but by you?

adrienne said...

I found your blog through Susan at Bloggin' 'Bout Books. I enjoyed reading it. My sister lives in Santa Fe. And I also work in a library, in Tulsa, OK. Good to find another library grunt.

Booklogged said...

I'm addicted to challenges, too. They really are fun and get me to read lots of different books. This summer I've fallen down because of our long trip. I didn't finish our libraries summer reading program for the first time in 7 or 8 years. I don't think I'll be able to finish the mystery challenge either. Makes me sad. Oh well, I say as I shrug my shoulders.

soleil said...

i'm a little challenge obsessed as well. i'm thinking about signing up for the 2nds challenge hosted by joy and i am debating whether to join the new authors challenge. so many books to read!