Thursday, August 2, 2007

HP Spoiler Week, Question 3

Spoiler Alert!!!
Spoiler Alert!!!
Spoiler Alert!!!
Spoiler Alert!!!





A lot has been written in blogdom about the epilogue. So, what did YOU think? Was it sappy? A fitting end? Not enough? Opinions, please, and why do you feel the way you do??



I was "satisfied" with the epilogue. As a complete bookworm and lover of all things Harry Potter, I could critique it for days on end, but I'm not the writer and I really don't want to do that. There were certain things I was glad Rowling included, for example the names of Harry and Ginny's children, the representation of an understanding between Harry and Draco, and the update on Neville. I would have loved more detail, such as who the new headmaster of Hogwarts was, what Hagrid was up to, etc. etc. etc. And of course I would have rather Teddy be heading off to school with his parents watching, but we've gone over that several times already. I read the epilogue slowly, crying the whole time, but with a big smile on my face. I was satisfied and happy. No more critique needed.

2 comments:

Fleiger said...

Oh well, as you said, the info was very entertaining to read, and still gave out enough for people who wanted to skip directly to epilogue first (Yes, I know one or two such people).

JKR told some more details in a chat, and there she told what Harry, Hermione and Ron were doing professionally and so on. Have you read that?

Amanda said...

Yes, right after I wrote this post I found a link through Fuse #8's blog that gave me all the answers I was searching for. Thanks for the tip!