Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New Challenge Alert!!!!

Just what I need...another new challenge (and I'm being serious). I love challenges because they motivate me to read books that I've planned on reading for some time, but just haven't picked up for some reason or another. Motivation is great! This challenge, hosted by Sycorax Pine, is a New Authors Challenge. Follow the link to the actual challenge and you'll find detailed instructions, but the basics are simple. The challenge runs September-February and in that time you should read 6 books by new authors. You can read 6 different new authors, a book each, or multiple works of just a few authors, your choice. Make sure you go to the original post and sign up! I know how you all looooove your challenges! I'm with you! My list is as follows:

1. Gary Schmidt- The Wednesday Wars
2. Donna Fleisher- Warrior's Heart
3. Eoin Colfer- Artemis Fowl
4. Phillip Pullman- The Golden Compass
5. Anne Bartlett- Knitting: A Novel
6. Eoin Colfer- Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
7. Shannon Hale- The Princess Academy
8. Jeanne Birdsall- The Penderwicks

I may add alternates or bonus books at another time, but for now, this is the list. I can't wait to get started!


Pour of Tor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pour of Tor said...

Welcome to the Unread Authors Challenge, Amanda! We are glad to have you with us.

Your list is wonderful, and of the authors you list I have only read Pullman and Colfer. "His Dark Materials," the trilogy of which "The Golden Compass" was the first, is one of my favorites in both the young adult and fantasy genres (although it is philosophically devastating, which is perhaps a sign of how effectively written it is), so I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

-Sycorax Pine/Pour of Tor

Becky said...

So glad you've joined in, Amanda. I love it when we're in the same challenges. I love that we're both challenge happy. It makes me feel not so crazy. Anyway, your list looks great. If I was going to go crazy and list all the books I wanted to read sometime...I'd have to add Eoin Colfer and Phillip Pullman to my list as well. These authors have been on my to-do list for so long. Artemis Fowl even spent about eight weeks at my house--but it was the dreadful February where I had over sixty books checked out at once. But eventually, maybe, I'll get to everything someday. There are just too many books.

Literary Feline said...

Great choices, Amanda! I'm glad you are joining in on this challenge too!

Andi said...

Great list! I'm trying to decide if I should join this challenge. So tempting!

Gracie said...

Hi Amanda - We were at Holloman in the mid-80s; I KNOW Alamo has grown since then! I'm intrigued by your book lists (I, too, am currently re-reading Anne of Green Gables; I loved Three Junes and Bookseller of Kabul and The Golden Compass; recently read Tale of Despereaux for another challenge).
Glad to know you've decided to join this challenge. I look forward to hearing what you think of the books on your list.
(It took me many tries to become a knitter - I encourage you to persevere. It's such a pleasurable pastime!)