Saturday, August 25, 2007

Picture Book Saturday

Just one book this week, as I have a few other "non-picture book" reviews to post as well. One only has so much time.... I absolutely loved this week's selection, so even if I only have one for you, it's worth your time to go and check it out.

The Boy who was Raised by Librarians is written by Carla Morris and illustrated by Brad Sneed. It tells the sweet story of a young boy that absolutely loves the library and spends all of his free time there. The librarians, constant helpers that they are, assist the boy with an array of life changing lessons throughout his childhood and young adulthood, ending with the boy eventually becoming a librarian there himself.

The story introduces to children exactly what librarians are to us. Being one, I have many times wanted to find more than patrons actually need, just because I want to know I can find it! This book reminded me so much of myself as a child, as well as an adult librarian. I think this is one of the best picture books I have read this year and look forward to reading more from this first time author. Any child that loves the library will love this book!

1 comment:

Becky said...

This one sounds great!