Sunday, September 9, 2007

Best of 2007...So Far

Over at MotherReader, us bloggers are being encouraged to put our Best of 2007 books in varying categories for school age kids. This was quite the difficult thing to do for myself, because I've read so many fantastic books this year, though not all were published this year. My library is not the quickest at getting the newest books and my bank account can't always purchase newly published books, so I'm usually a little behind. However, I did come up with my own list and had fun doing so! These books may not all be of the highest in educational value, but I loved each and every one of them. And that's the point of this right??!!

YA/High School
Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Defect by Will Weaver

Middle Grade
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Stewart

Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy by Jane O'Connor
I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry

No comments: