Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bummer News

Sometimes the United States Air Force really frustrates me. All winter and spring we were sure that my hubby, Aaron, was being deployed back to Iraq this month. We were upset, but dealing with it...then we were blessed with a reprieve about a month ago. Aaron didn't have to go to Iraq or anywhere...he was staying home. YAY! Well no more Yays. Yesterday, after his lunch, Aaron walked back into work and was told he was deploying. On Friday. As in this Friday. Luckily, God was watching over us and Aaron doesn't have to go to Iraq, just to Virgina. But still! We had three days notice! I'm still a newlywed and my husband is going to leave for months. Anyways, just wanted to fill everyone in. He keeps telling me "just think of all the reading you can get done!" What a sweet husband! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please...

8 comments:

Beckyb said...

I am so sorry - how frustrating that must be!! My cousin got married ywo years ago - was deployed DAYS after that and is only now just coming home - can you imagine - get married and then not see each other for two years?!?! I hand it to you military wives!!!!!

Cee Cee said...

Bless you two! Thank God Virginia is not too far away. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

My son just pulled your name for the giveaway! Yaay!! Poor stand-in for your hubby. :{

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh no, that is such short notice! I'm just so glad it's Virginia though, and not Iraq. That's not nearly as far of a TDY as the Middle East and not nearly as dangerous. I hope he will be back soon and you can resume your newlywed times :)

Debi said...

We'll be thinking of you both!

Your sacrifices are appreciated!

Susan said...

Military wives are incredible! My BIL is in the Navy and my poor sis had to deal with his 9-month deployment to Afghanistan - with 4 kids under the age of 7.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless all military personnel and their families.

Deena said...

Will do! The sacrifices for miltary families are great, and we recognize that. Email me if you need ANYTHING!!

Shannon said...

Hugs!

zee said...

Amanda,
So sorry about this, and I will pray for your hubby. I just wanted to say hey, it's cool that we will be working on the Cybils together in the Middle Grade fiction category.