Monday, September 17, 2007

Celebrate the Author Challenge

This awesome challenge is being hosted by Becky over at Becky's Book Reviews. It's going to run January 1st, 2008 thru December 31, 2008. The concept is simple. Read a book by an author whose birthday takes place each month of the year. I picked two author's each month to give myself an alternate choice. My list is......

January: Poe/Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
February: Jerry Spinelli/Jan Yolen
March: Patricia MacLachlan/Lois Lowry
April: Beverly Cleary
May: Gary Paulsen/Leo Lionni
June: Cynthia Rylant/Robert Munsch
July: Patricia Polacco
August: Patricia McKissack/Karen Hesse
September: Roald Dahl/Jack Prelutsky
October: Steven Kellogg
November: Marc Brown/William Steig
December: Jan Brett/Mercer Mayer

YAY for challenges!

2 comments:

Becky said...

So glad you joined in, Amanda. You've got some great authors on your list. I'm really looking forward to this, which I know sounds weird since I'm hosting and all, but I just can't wait to get started!

Debi said...

This one sounds like too much fun to pass up! (Geez...how many times can one use that excuse?!!)