Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall Into Reading Challenge

YAY for the first day of fall!! Though the temps here in Southern New Mexico are still in the high 80's and 90's, I'm very excited about this fall challenge....and am in the mood to curl up on the swing in the backyard with a blanket, some hot apple cider, and these books! Now, I've pick A LOT of books for this challenge, but being that my husband is deployed and we have the 24 Hour Readathon coming up next month AND I have a trip to Florida in November, I really don't think I'll have a problem getting them done. It will be a lot of fun to see what others are reading and get your take on my selections! Thanks again to Callapidder Days for hosting the challenge! Here's the list!
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau
Among the Enemy by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Among the Free by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Ida B. by Katherine Hannigan
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
So B. It by Sarah Weeks
Ever Present Danger by Kathy Herman
The Good Nearby by Nancy Moser
Afternoon of the Elves by Janet Taylor Lisle
The Egypt Game by Zilpha Snyder Keatley
Here's Lily by Nancy Rue
Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright
The Talented Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
Sisterchicks on the Loose by Robin Jones Gunn
First Light by Rebecca Stead
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
Life's Golden Ticket by Brendon Burchard
A Fall Together by Jennifer O'Neill
The Messenger by Lois Lowry
Violet Bing and the Grand House by Jennifer Paros
The Field Guide by Tony DiTerlizzi
Bad Kitty by Michele Jafe
Queen of Cool by Michele Castalucci
The Christopher Killer by Alane Ferguson
The Sisters Grimm: The Fairy Tale Detectives by Michael Buckner
Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach
The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer
The Anybodies by N.E. Bodie
The Bad, Bad Darlings by Sam Llewellyn
Safe at Home by Sharon Robinson


Blessed Assurances said...

The Sisterchicks seris is one of my favorite books. You have a few i have never read, I will have to check them out.

Becky said...

I love your list. You've got some of my favorites listed. I look forward to reading your reviews :)

Gina said...

You have a great list. Someday I hope to go back to school for a MLS.

Sandra said...

Goodness that's a big list, great books on there. Happy Reading!!


I don't think that I have read any of these.

rohanknitter said...

You will love Chasing Vermeer!

Debi said...

Wowza...that's a huge list! But I've no doubt you'll finish, Amanda! I've got a couple of those on some of my other challenges, so I can't wait to hear what you think of them.
(And by the way, I absolutely loved Chasing Vermeer!)

Orange Blossom Goddess (aka Heather) said...

WOW! This is a really long list! LOL Have fun!

Love the new avatar picture - you and hubby are such a goodlooking couple!

Katrina said...

Wow, you weren't kidding - that's a LOT of books! I love the image you portrayed with the swing and the cider and the book... ahhh, sounds perfect! Thanks for joining the challenge!

Leah in Iowa said...

Wow ~ that is quite the list! I'm sure you can make it though. Especially with a 24 hour readathon coming up. Wanna explain that? =) Hope you can curl up with a blanket and sip cider while you read!

Deena said...

Girl, you got a great list here! I'll be back checking reviews and opinions.

And I've GOT to tell you you were dead on about Twilight. I devoured that book, laughing and crying my way through the pages...and now my daughter, who DOES NOT halfway through the book and BEGGING me to read New Moon so SHE can get it from me next:-)


Lana said...

Love Robin Jones Gunn! You will love those books.

The Sisters Grimm books are great too! Looking forward to the new one in December! Woops did not have that one on my list! Must go and edit now!

Lana G!

Stephanie said...

Holy Cow, that's a lot of books!! Hope you have time to read them, and I'll be looking forward to a LOT Of reviews!

Nise' said...

Awesome list. I have got to check out My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things! That sounds too good to pass up!

ellen b. said...

Wow that's a great list. Happy fall reading.