Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Four Legged Friends Challenge

Challenges are so fantastic and this one is SO up my alley! Over at Kailana's Written World is hosting this challenge which runs from tomorrow 9/20/07-2/26/08. I've chosen to read six books, one for each month the challenge runs, which I can't wait to start tomorrow! My list includes the following books:

Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan
The Dogs Who Found Me: What I Learned From Pets Who Were Left Behind by Ken Foster
Miracle Dog: How Quentin Survived the Gas Chamber to Speak for Animals on Death Row by Randy Grim
Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
A Dog's Life by Ann M. Martin


As participants we have also been asked to talk about our own beloved four legged friends. As many of you know, I am an animal lover to the extreme. My husband and I own our own mini-zoo and are always looking to get more. Unfortunately, living on base, we are limited to the amount of bigger animals we can have, so for now we have more in tanks than on the floor.... that being said, some day, we will be owners of a whole bunch of unwanted dogs. That's a promise! For now, here's the list and some pictures!

Shae is our one year old pit mix dog. She is adorable, filled with energy, and sooo sweet. She would never hurt a soul but is always ready to make people laugh.
Dexter is our six month old bearded dragon. He is a little more than feisty at this point, but he'll grow out of that and up to about 3 feet long.Our last 4 legged friends are Lola and Lucien, our pair of sugar gliders. They have a little joey in the pouch now, but we haven't been lucky enough to see it yet!
We also have about 12 fish, and 3 snakes. Since they don't have legs, I'll spare you pictures of those guys! :-) Can't wait to start the challenge!

8 comments:

Kailana said...

Glad you are joining in! Very cute pets :) I'd like to have more animals, too, but that will have to wait until later in life.

Becky said...

So glad you're in on this one. I love it when we're in the same challenges. :) I look forward to reading your reviews!!! Because of Winn Dixie is also on my list.

Debi said...

This is such a fun challenge, isn't it?

Stephanie said...

I joined this challenge too!! Ack! You have how MANY snakes?? They are so NOT my cup of tea! I'm actually kind of freaking out just thinking about them!

(Beautiful Wedding picture, by the way!)

Amanda said...

Thanks Stephanie!! It's my favorite of all of our wedding pictures. And about the snakes...yes, we have 3, but they aren't big snakes like pythons or boas. Just 3 corn snakes, which are long and skinny! Very sweet snakes! I know how you feel though, I get the same feeling every time someone says they own a spider. :-)

Andi said...

Oh my GOSH! I've always wanted a sugar glider or two. If I ever decide to take the plunge I'll definitely be asking for your advice!

Callista said...

I'm in this challenge too! The photo I posted was of our dog that passed away last year, she was a Pitbull. We also have a bearded dragon in our house although he's isn't mine.

cipriano said...

Holy Moly!
That is a LOT of crazy critters!
I love it!
[Great wedding photo!]