Monday, September 10, 2007

A Review and a Completed Challenge!!!



I finally finished the Non-Fiction Five Challenge hosted by Joy. YAY!! I ended up reading a very different list of five books than I had originally planned, however I thoroughly enjoyed each book that I did complete. It has also encouraged me to definitely read more non-fiction throughout the year. I plan to read, at the very least, one non-fiction book a month, if not more. Thanks again for hosting a great challenge Joy!!

This was my original list:


A Dad Shaped Hole in My Heart by H. Norman Wright


From Baghdad With Love by Jay Kopelman


Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace by Greg Mortensen


Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan


Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez


Alternate:The Bookseller of Kabul by Seierstad


This is what I actually read:


A Dad Shaped Hole in My Heart by Wright


From Baghdad with Love by Jay Kopelman


Marley & Me by John Grogan


Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez


Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk About God's Deliverance by Beth Moore.


I'm now finalizing my list for my next challenge! For now, here's my review of Beth Moore's book.

Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk About God's Deliverance is very straight forward, as the title states. Moore is very self revealing in her book, obviously wanting to help the reader out of their own pit by using examples of how she got out of hers. Each chapter holds different steps for the reader, taking them from the dark depths of the pit, into the light of day. It was a very enlightening book and one that I can learn from and take information from for a very long time.





2 comments:

Orange Blossom Goddess (aka Heather) said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge!!! You had a really interesting list.

Deena said...

Of course, you know the Fall Reading Challenge at Callapidder Days is about to begin:-)