Thursday, October 18, 2007

New Moon

Oh Stephanie Meyer you have me addicted to vampires now. I thought my listening to the books, rather than reading them, would help keep my enjoyment of the stories around for longer, but it's just as bad as reading. I WANT ECLIPSE NOWWWW!!! :-) But I'll wait like a good girl, until it's my turn.

In New Moon, Bella celebrates her recovery from the vampire attack, as well as her birthday, with Edward and the rest of the Cullen family. When she accidentally cuts herself, sparking an awful reaction by the family, Bella feels horrible. She hates being human while everyone she loves is a vampire. Matters are made even worse when Edward decides he and his family are going to leave Forks, and Bella. He tries to explain that it's better for her to be around humans, not vampires, but Bella doesn't understand. She falls into a deep depression, ignoring her father, her friends, and everything around her.

After almost 6 months of despair, Bella's life finally begins to look up when she finds a good friend in Jacob Black. She spends all of her time with Jacob and finally learns to smile again, and then becomes privy to an awful secret Jacob and his friends share. Bella needs to decide what to do with the information she has learned, while keeping Jacob as her friend and most importantly- herself alive. When Edward is suddenly thrust back into her life unexpectedly, Bella is even more overwhelmed and ultimately in a struggle to save everyone.

This novel wasn't quite as exciting as Twilight, but I think that's only due to the major lack of Edward throughout the story. He's probably my favorite character from the first book and since he didn't spend a lot of time on the pages of this one, I was a little disappointed, but not enough to keep me from loving this one. Even if you aren't a vampire book fan, I definitely suggest you picking this one up....I already converted several bloggers to be Stephanie Meyer fans...you could be next!

3 comments:

Booklogged said...

It seems that everyone who reads this series falls in love with it. I only read Twilight and didn't feel compelled to go on. I'm wondering if there's something dreadfully wrong with me.

soleil said...

i'm glad you enjoyed this book, amanda! i loved it too. and i think eclipse is even better, if that's possible.

Brittany J. said...

hi amanda. im brittany my mom Bev, works at the hospital. I really like your blog. Here is my own little blog. just if you wan to you look at it. thanks for the inspiratio. :)http://teenbooknerd.blogspot.com/