Post Read-a-thon Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably the last hour that I read. I only made it until about 1:30, which is quite late for me to be staying up. With only the dog to keep me company I fell asleep much too easily. I would have loved to have made the full 24 hours!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Any short enough to be finished in an hour or two. That's how I kept going. If you're looking for action, check out The Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix or the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, though that one is a bit long.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
The only suggestion I have is that possibly with the challenges, either make them all one hour long only, or all for the entirety of the Read-a-thon. Dewey did a good job of keeping track of which were one hours and which were whole challenge ones, but I often forgot to check back each hour and missed out on the shorter challenges.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I loved the cheerleaders! They were such great motivators and it was awesome to go back to check my blog and see so many comments.
5. How many books did you read?
8 Total, though I started 2 additional.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Quilts From Heaven by Lucinda Secrest McDowell
Violet Bing and the Grand House by Jennifer Paros
The Quail Club by Carolyn Marsden
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Miracle Dog by Randy Grim
Dear Baby Girl by Jane Orcutt
Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
Here's Lily by Nancy Rue
I also started Finding Alice by Melody Carlson and These High, Green Hills by Jan Karon.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The Looking Glass Wars. It was fantastic!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Violet Bing and the Grand House. I've heard lots of positive reviews about this book, but I really didn't like it.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate again! Most likely I would be a reader again, though if something were to get in the way of that I would be a cheerleader.