Monday, October 1, 2007

Triple 8 Challenge

AHHHHHHH I've joined another!! I think by now I've already reached my quota of challenges for next year and it's only October! What can I say, I love participation! 3M is hosting the Triple 8 Challenge it was just too good to pass up. It runs from January 2008-December of 2008 and participants can change their lists whenever they want, making it a very flexible challenge. A lot of my books will be rereads that I've been wanting to get to....basically to see if I still love the books and want to keep them (I'm getting desperate for shelf space) and the others are ones I feel I should have read by now or have been wanting to read for a very long time. Here's my tentative list:

8 Jodi Picoult Books:
-Perfect Match
-Salem Falls
-Songs of the Humpback Whale
-Harvesting the Heart
-Second Glance
-Keeping Faith
-Second Glance
-Changing Heart

8 Luanne Rice Books
-Cloud Nine
-Firefly Beach
-Home Fires
-Summer Light
-Safe Harbor
-Summer's Child
-The Secret Hour
-The Perfect Summer

8 Re-Reads from My Shelves
-The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
-A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks
-The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
-Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
-The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
-Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen
-The Observatory by Emily Grayson
-The Gazebo by Emily Grayson

8 Christian Young Adult Books
-Deep Green by Melody Carlson
-Torch Red by Melody Carlson
-Becoming Me by Melody Carlson
-It's My Life by Melody Carlson
-Who I Am by Melody Carlson
-Only You, Sierra by Robin Jones Gunn
-In Your Dreams by Robin Jones Gunn
-Don't You Wish by Robin Jones Gunn

8 Children's Classic Books
-The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
-A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
-Heidi by Johanna Spyri
-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
-The Voyages of Dr. Doolittle by Hugh Lofting
-The Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum
-Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
-Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien

8 Historical Fiction Books
-The Bread Winner by Arvella Whitmore
-Bridge to America by Linda Glaser
-Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
-Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
-The Staircase by Ann Rinaldi
-The Avion My Uncle Flew by Cyrus Fisher
-Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt
-Little Men by Louisa May Alcott

8 Newbery Honor Books
-Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes
-Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer Holm
-Home Was Here by Joan Bauer
-Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
-The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
-The Hundred Penny Box by Sharon Bell Mathis
-Catherine Called Birdy by Karen Cushman
-A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin

8 Fantasy Books
-The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
-The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
-The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
-The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
-The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
-The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson
-Landon Snow and the Auctor's Riddle by R.K. Mortenson
-A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle


Susan said...

Your list looks great. I love Jodi Picoult, so I recommend all her books. I'm excited to see your upcoming reviews.

Amanda said...

Yes, Susan, me too! I've devoured every one of her books as they've come out and I think it's time for a reread!

3M said...

Glad to have you on the challenge!

I've read and/or listened to The Chronicles of Narnia over 6 times. I love them so much.