Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Artemis Fowl

This book is the main reason I joined the New Author Challenge. I had put off starting this series for a couple of years now, but knew that I really would enjoy it once I actually did start, therefore causing me to add it to my list for the challenge. I had a lot of fun reading this book and am so glad I don't have to wait for the next one to hit the shelves!

Artemis Fowl is not your typical 12 year old boy. He is a criminal mastermind of the highest power and an incredible genius. Plotting to steal the famous pot of gold from the fairy colony has not been easy, but he knows that by kidnapping an important member of the fairies and holding her for ransom, he may just be able to succeed at his goal without much trouble. Unfortunately, Artemis did not bargain for the spitfire fairy, Holly Short, to be the one he ends up kidnapping, nor does he anticipate all the trouble he faces once he does the deed.

Packed full of high-tech adventure and funny anecdotes, I can see why Artemis Fowl and the subsequent books in the series have become so popular. This is the perfect series for boys (and girls too) that have a hard time finding books to read or books that continue to engage them from the first page to the last. This was a great addition to my challenge reading!


Becky said...

I'm thinking of reading this one for a challenge in 2008, it's one of those that I know I *need* to read, but with all these 2007 and soon to be 2008 books, it's often hard to find time to play catch up. But if all goes well, I'll get to this series in 2008 :)

Amey said...

Oh yes, Artemis Fowl series is one of the best I have read recently (the other one being "Bartimaeus Trilogy")

The humour in the series is just too good to be left aside. I am waiting for the next book (probably last :( ) in the series now.