Monday, January 7, 2008

Favorites of 2007

I read a lot of books this year, with a wide variety of genres and age levels. Out of all of those books I am so glad to say I found some new favoritesthat will stay with me forever, books that I just couldn't stop raving about and had to buy or lend to everyone I knew. Books that I still think about on a daily basis. Not all were necessarily written this year, but this is when I was able to get my hands on them. My new favorites that I just cannot live without are:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Sold by Patricia Machlachlan
Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
Let Them Eat Cake by Sandra Byrd
Rules by Cynthia Lord
The High Power of Lucky by Susan Patron
After the Leaves Fall by Nicole Baart
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

I can only hope that 2008 is filled with just as many great reads as 2007!


Marg said...

I loved the first two on your list, and also Water for Elephants!

Nicole Baart said...

Hi Amanda,

Congratulations on your big news! I am so happy for you and your husband. Savor this first pregnancy--there's nothing like it. :)

It's been great getting to know you these last few months. Your encouragement has truly blessed me. I hope you have a wonderful 2008!


Susan said...

The Book Thief is on my Best Reads of 2007 list, too. I adore it. The only other one I've read on your list is Water for Elephants, and I thought it was good...just weird. I can't wait to see what you read and recommend this year!

Andrea said...

A Thousand Splendid Suns and Water for Elephants were 2 of my favorites for 2007 as well! And The Book Thief is on my TBR list for this year. And congrats on your pregnancy! Keep us updated :-)

cipriano said...

Amanda, I am interested to know how you enjoyed Water For Elephants, the Sara Gruen book. I have it here an have been meaning to read it for a while now. It's on my own "TO-DO" list.
[As is the Amy Grant one you sent me! I have SO many books waiting to be read.]
-- Cip