Saturday, January 5, 2008

I'm back...with some news!!!!

So...I've kinda been fibbing to you ya'll for the last month or so, but I think you'll forgive me. You see, I haven't felt like blogging. Or reading. Or typing. Or reading blogs. Or anything for that matter. I've felt like laying in bed and sleeping for as long as humanly possible. However, there is a reason behind this insane sense of exhaustion I've been feeling and a great one at that! The hubby and I are expecting our first baby! YAY!!! Now I've known for over a month, but of course couldn't post on here until the necessary family members and friends were first notified and yes, that took over almost the entire month! We are due in mid-August, around the 10th, so I get to be good and huge over the course of a summer in southern New Mexico. Yippee! Besides that little downer, Aaron and I are extremely excited and can't wait for our little Snowflake to get here (with a last name of Snow, you're bound to get crazy nicknames...we just figured we'd start the trend).

So my blogging friends, please bear with me over the next 7 months or so, where I'll probably be blogging in starts and fits. This post alone will eat up any energy I thought I had today, while tomorrow I'll be back with a 2007 wrapup post. Then hopefully we'll get back into books and reviews. I'm told the exhaustion ends after the first trimester, so I'm crossing my fingers, but also thanking God for the little miracle he has already given us. Who cares if I'm tired, I got a baby coming!!! :-)

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!

The same thing happened to me in the first trimester. I can honestly say that at 22 weeks I am still SO TIRED, but feel human otherwise. I am again interested in books and blogs, so hopefully you will be too!

Marg said...

Congratulations!

donna fleisher said...

Awww, now, how cool is that???!!! Congratulations!! Very cool, that's how cool. : )

Anastasia Suen said...

Congratulations!

Jen Robinson said...

Congratulations, Amanda. That's wonderful!

Becky said...

Congratulations, Amanda!!! So happy for you both :)

cipriano said...

Congratulations.
Great news.
I get tired just thinking of whatever it means to bear a little Snowflake into the world, so, do not feel guilty about sleeping in for the next eight or so months!
All the best to you and Aaron and little Snowflake.

Susan said...

Congratulations, Amanda! I'm so happy for you. Take good care of yourself and get all the rest you can - you'll need it!

windycindy said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes. Cindi

3M said...

Congrats!

Amy said...

Congratulations!

Erin said...

OH YAY! Congratulations!!

nessie said...

COngrats! Get as much bedtime reading now as you can ... the next three years you may not be able to read another 200+!

Katie said...

Congratulations Amanda! I'm wondering if your reading choices will change over the course of your pregnancy; every expectant mother I know reads many "how-to" or "what to expect.." books!

Chris said...

Congratulations! Exciting news.

Heather said...

Happy News!

Kristina said...

Congrats!! I was extremely tired when I first found out as well. My husband and I had our first baby in November! He was 10 weeks early and grew very well in the NICU and now we are happy to have him home. I can't wait for you to get your little Snowflake!!