Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Love You More...and I love this book!

I can see this gem of a book being a hit with kids and parents all over the place. Not only is it fun, being in a flip-sided book form, but it has such a sweet message and one that can be turned into a fun game.

On the first side of I Love You More, written by Laura Duksta and illustrated by Karen Keesler, a son asks his mother, “Mommy, just how much do you love me?” This sparks the mother’s imagination and she answers the question in a variety of creative and rhythmic way. “I love you mightier than the mightiest wind ever blew. I love you fuller than the fullest moon you ever knew.”

The flip side of the book is the mother asking the son the same question: “So, just how much do you love me?” The son plays along and answers in fun rhymes just as him mother did. “I love you quieter than the quietest caterpillar ever creeped. I love you further than the furthest frog ever leaped.” The sides meet in the middle with a picture of the world and the text “I love you more than anything in the whole, wide, world.”

The illustrations fit in perfectly with the text and overall this was a lovely book. I can already picture playing this game with my son! Kids will have a blast flipping sides, as any physical interaction seems to amuse children, and parents will like the sweet message the author presents. This is definitely a winner of a book.

No comments: