Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

17 year old Jenna Fox wakes up from a coma after a terrible accident, not knowing who she or anyone else around her is. She doesn't know her parents or her grandmother, does not remember the accident she is told almost took her life, and has no idea who she really is, only what she is told. As time goes on, Jenna begins to remember things, or at least she thinks she does. Some of the memories she has would have taken place so long ago, she shouldn't be able to remember them. And just how has she gotten so smart? She certainly doesn't remember being a genius, but now has all sorts of amazing facts in her head. What exactly are her parents hiding?

As Jenna learns more about her accident and what happened after, she wants to believe she is also learning more about herself, though instead, feels as if she is actually losing more and more of the Jenna she really believes is true. What really happened to her? How exactly is she alive today...and does she even want to be?

The Adoration of Jenna Fox, written by Mary E. Pearson, was a page turner from the very beginning. I was hooked from the very first sentence, instantly wanting to know what this character had experienced and how she has become the girl she now is. Lots of ethical questions are brought up in the text, making this a great book discussion choice, as well. Teens and adults alike will love this thrilling novel.


Mollie said...

Kind of sounds like Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (at least the forgetting who you are part). I have this in my TBR pile I'll have to bump it up on the list!

Teen Troves

Jeff Reid said...

I'll have to make sure this one is in our database - we created a website just for the "fantasy cast" process. If stories make a "movie in your mind", come to our website and "cast" it using real movie stars. Just so you know, however, our site isn't for those under 13. And ENJOY the baby. They can turn into nice people you'll really enjoy!

softindierocker said...

Wow, what an awesome review! I've seen this book around but I didn't know too much about it. Now I really want to read it! I've been looking for a good book to sink my teeth into! =D

~Lucy D =)
To Mollie: Omg, you're right! I didn't think of that before. =) I loved Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac!

rbooth43 said...

I had a brother that fell 30 ft out of a tree and was in a coma for six weeks, so I can relate to the carather in this book and would love to read it.