Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dogs Galore!

If you haven’t been reading my blog for very long, it won’t take but a few weeks for you to find out how much I love dogs and how many dog related books I review. The genre doesn’t matter to me, as long as the dog takes center stage, as it does in this beautiful book by Jeff Crosby and Shelley Ann Jackson.

Little Lions, Bull Baiters, & Hunting Hounds: A History of Dog Breeds, is a fabulous overview of all different kinds of breeds, their traits, what they were bred for, and where they originated (along with a myriad of other facts), accompanied by beautiful illustrations. Distinct groups are covered, including hunting, herding, working, and companion dogs.

Though aimed at children, this book can be enjoyed by all ages…and not just as a reference material. I really liked just reading through the different breeds and learning about my favorite types of dogs, as well as all sorts of fun facts I never knew about all different breeds.

1 comment:

Rebecca Talley said...

Love the cover. Sounds like an interesting book.