Friday, July 18, 2008

Jacob Update!!!

Well! So much has gone on since the last time I updated everyone in the blogging world...I don't really know where to start. First of all, we've reached 4 pounds! Quite a leap from the 1lb 5oz the little guy was when he was born huh? Now, he tends to retain quite a bit of fluid, so that may not be true weight, but if it is off it would only be by an ounce or two, so we are still pretty close to the 4lb mark. YAY! He's finally wearing his preemie clothes and though they are a bit big, he still looks adorable!

We made the move to a big boy crib yesterday and finally out of the isolette. Jacob is holding his temperatures just fine and so far seems to like being out in the world. We are also attempting to move him to short prongs again today (a much better breathing apparatus), but Mom and Dad are a bit apprehensive about it. We attempted this move about two weeks ago and he only lasted two hours on the new prongs...a failed attempt for sure. It took him a few days to bounce back from such a big step-down and we just don't want to see that happen again. We have to try though! I'm including a picture of the sweet boy when he was trying out the short prongs last time. You can see so much more of his cute face!

We are still looking at probably another month here in Albuquerque at least, but Aaron was just able to get orders to be here all the time, which means no more "just weekends!" YAY! Once we can get Jacob off his Hudson prongs and onto the short prongs, we can work on feeding, which is what may take quite a long time, depending on how he likes it. Some babies take to the bottle and breast right away, others, not so much.

We are getting some visitors this weekend, which is really nice, so I probably won't be posting until Sunday night. Look for some picture book posts at that time. Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

Mrs.Robertson said...

Thanks for the update! We've never met, but I've been following your Jacob posts. My heart goes out to you, and I've got you in my thoughts. I even told my mom about you and shared the pictures and the details. I'm thrilled for you at the weight gain. GO JACOB!!!! :-)

Jen Robinson said...

That's great, Amanda! I'm so glad that Jacob is doing better, and gaining weight. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Glad that Aaron will be able to spend more time with you both, too.

Kerry said...

He's looking beautiful and it sounds like he's doing really well. I'm so glad to hear it.

Charlotte said...

I thought I had left a comment here ages ago, but I don't see it, so I'll just say again that I'm so happy Jacob is doing well, and thanks for the update!

LisaMM said...

That's great news!

Janet said...

oh, I hope that Jacob continues to improve! Is Aaron in the military there? I have a friend who works in the fire department on base...