Monday, September 22, 2008

Non-Fiction Monday: Helping Your World

I, like many of you, work as hard as I can to do my part. I am a recycle queen, I always unplugged appliances that aren't being used, turn off lights, etc. 10 Things I Can Do to Help My World by Melanie Walsh is a great book to get your children involved in helping to save the planet.

Each page gives one way a child can go about conserving energy or helping the Earth in some manner. Most pages include a lift-the-flap or fold out, using bright colors and simple text to move the book along quickly. After each task, such as remembering to shut off the water and using both sides of a sheet of paper, a fact about just how this action will help the world is given. For example: "I remember to turn off the tap when I brush my teeth (Every time you do this, you save eighteen glasses of water)." Cool huh?

The book is printed on 100% recycled material and would make a great addition to home and library shelves. Get your kids involved! You can purchase it from Amazon or just learn more about it by clicking on the book cover above.

No comments: