Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Adventures of Little Wombat

I'm not usually a fan of picture book, only because they are so hard to sit down and read out loud from. Not comfortable in one hand, for a read aloud. I much prefer a single, 32 page picture book. The Adventures of Little Wombat however, I'll make an exception for!

The first two books included in this collection, Sometimes I Like to Curl up in a Ball and Found You, Little Wombat are all written by different authors, (Vicki Churchill, Angela McAllister respectively) and the second two titles, Swim, Little Wombat, Swim and Where to Little Wombat are both written by Charles Fuge. Fuge also illustrated each title...and beautifully I might add.

The stories are simplistic and fun, the illustrations wonderful. Sometimes the text requires the reader to flip the book sideways, resulting in a nice amount of interaction and the actual text is both funny and sweet. Not too short, not too long. This is really a perfect story collection for libraries or home use. My favorite story was actual the first, Sometimes I Like to Curl up in a Ball. SO cute!

I fell in love with Little Wombat! This book would also make a great Christmas gift for someone just learning to read. I have several in mind...

If you want to learn more or would like to purchase, just click on the book cover above and it will link you to Amazon.

No comments: