So the yearly Cybil Awards are once again beginning and the blogs are hopping with info and opinions on nominations! Head over the the Cybils blog to nominate your favorite books of the year in a bunch of different categories...but remember...you can only vote once between today and October 15th, so choose your nominations wisely!! I am probably going to wait until the end of the nomination period to put my choices in. I read so many great books this year, it's so hard to decide!
I'm lucky enough to have been chosen to be on the YA panel this year, with some awesome ladies! Last year I was on the Middle Grade fiction panel and loved it...can't wait to get started reading some of these books!
In honor of the Cybil Award nominations beginning, I'm going to host a huge contest for one of my absolute favorite picture books of the year. I have 5 SIGNED copies of Willow, written by Denise Brennan-Nelson and Rosemarie Brennan and beautifully illustrated by Cyd Moore. I loooved this book and you can read my review here. That's 5 SIGNED-by-the-author copies, all up for grabs. How to enter? Follow these easy rules:
1. Go nominate at least one book for the Cybil Awards. It can be in any category you want, but the more you nominate, the more entries in the contest you get! Leave a comment telling me what you nominated. If you've already nominated a few, go ahead and leave a comment now. If you nominate more by Sunday night, leave another comment telling me of the additions.
2. If for some (odd) reason you would rather not actually nominate a book, simply tell me your favorite book you've read this year, preferably children's related, but not necessary.
3. Do this by Sunday night at 12:00am and you're entered for this fabulous contest!
Just a note on some rules often overlooked in nominations, don't forget these important ones:
1. Do not nominate a book someone else has already nominated. It does not get counted twice. We read everything that gets a nomination! Don't waste your vote on something that doesn't count!
2. You can only vote for ONE title. Not 5. I wish it could be 5, but then I would be reading until next October, so please, only 1.
3. Be careful the genre you nominate a book for. Even if a graphic novel is considered young adult content, it should still be nominated in the graphic novel category, not the YA category. If you have questions as to where your book should go, there is a special section on the Cybils page to ask those questions.