Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Books: Day 1

Since Halloween is a week from tonight...and I'm a bit too old to go trick or treating myself (plus I'll be in Chicago, I figured celebrating this fun kid-oriented with a Halloween book or two each day would be fun! I know many of you don't celebrate Halloween, so I will be including some fun, fall-oriented books throughout the week as well and I'll have a span of board books, picture books, middle grade, and young adult. Some scary, some easy. Hopefully you'll find something you and your family will enjoy!

The first title I want to talk about is an adorable board book by Leslie McGuirk....one that I will most definitely be bringing with me to see my 7 month old nephew next weekend. He'll love it!

Tucker's Spooky Halloween is a bigger board book in size, but has the same simple concepts for babies and toddlers that any other board book would have. We meet Tucker, a cute little dog searching for a "scary" Halloween costume. He keeps trying and trying to find a really spooky costume, but isn't having any luck at all...all the costumes are too cute! Finally, he uses his imagination and is able to come up with the perfect costume. Very spooky!

Really, a very cute book and perfect for older infants and toddlers as they prepare for Halloween!

If you're interested in learning more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

1 comment:

Tony333 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.