Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Books: Day 6, Bats at the Library

Have I mentioned that Brian Lies is a brilliant, brilliant man enough times yet? I LOVED his work in Bats at the Beach, I mean...come ON! Could the illustrations be any more awesome? If anyone knows of any upcoming book signing trips to Southern New Mexico, I would be forever in your debt!

Anyways....I really think the newest title from this, ahem, brilliant author, Bats at the Library, is even more wonderful than the first title and definitely worthy for our Halloween Week Extravaganza! This time, our furry bat friends end up in one of my favorite places in the world, a library, and spend their night becoming immersed in books, reading each other stories, and, of course, photocopying their bodies on the public copier. Gotta love those bats!

The illustrations are, once again, fabulous, and the text has a wonderful rhyming lilt that children will love to listen to. I highly recommend this title, as well as Bats at the Beach, for story time read alouds or just for some one on one time with your kiddos.

I have to admit, I am not a fan of bats, as many children probably aren't either, due to a rather traumatic experience when I was but a wee 6 year old. Lived in a huge old house, bats came down the chimney all the time, parents would chase them with pillowcase....to make a long story short, one got stuck in my hair while I was eating breakfast at the table and my dad was chasing it through the kitchen. Ummm....scary! So for me to enjoy the bat books is a big step! And if any books will make you love bats, it's these!

If you're interested in learning more about the fabulous Brian Lies books or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

And please Mr. Lies...keep writing the "bat" books!

No comments: