Friday, October 10, 2008

Haven't posted one of these in awhile

What was the last book you bought?

I don't purchase many for myself, but I did just buy Peg Leg Peke by Brie Spangler to give to my nephew at Christmas

Name a book you have read MORE than once

I've read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult about 5 times for different book clubs, as well as my own pleasure! Love that one!

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

Yes! Baby Bargains...once I read that, I knew I was no longer going to have a savings account or a life.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

I mainly choose books by genre actually, being children's or young adult, however when it comes to adult books, I choose based on cover and summary. I typically stick to women's or contemporary fiction.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

I much prefer fiction, but every now and then a great non-fiction book comes along

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?

I think we all would prefer a mixture of both, but I think I'm more on the beautiful writing.

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Liesel from The Book Thief, she'll always be my favorite

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

My Bible and The Time Traveler's Wife, which I keep promising a friend I will read, but I can't get passed page 70.

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

I finished Pillage by Obert Skye yesterday morning and Bon Appetit by Sandra Byrd about 20 minutes later. Loved them both!

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Oh so many times. Books get 50 pages and if I don't like it, I'm done. Except of course for The Time Traveler's Wife...I did promise!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I enjoyed reading your answers.

I purchased A Time Traveler's Wife, too, based on a few friends glowing reviews of it, but part way through I also got stuck. Bored, actually. The beginning was SO promising to me, and sucked me in. (sighing) But I want to finish it. I'm going to try.

It's so disappointing when a book starts out with such promise and you think it's going to be one of those amazing, thrilling books, the kind that you'll want to read again and again--and then it drops you part way through.