Saturday, October 18, 2008

Midway Survey!

We're halfway there!! This survey is the mini-challenge of the hour:

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?

I'm almost done with Bog Child and I'm also about halfway through Knit Two by Kate Jacobs.

2. How many books have you read so far?

About 6

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Graveyard by Neil Gaiman. I've heard such good things!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Well yes and no. I had to certainly explain to my husband as to why he had to do most of the cleaning for our friend's visit tomorrow, but he's a good one and didn't care. I also had planned to not go to our "every Saturday" lunch out for BBQ, but we went anyways. We just both brought books and ate/read at a picnic table.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

The interruptions have been self-induced. I have the guilty feeling of sitting around all day with a book in my hand, so every hour or so I've gotten up and done a chore of some sort. It's working out pretty well.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm surprised I haven't gotten "tired" of reading yet. Not that I could ever not want to read, but I've never read for such a long stretch at one time. Haven't gotten bored yet though!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Not yet...maybe by the end I'll have a suggestion.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I would either have my house already spotless by the time the read-a-thon came around or I wouldn't plan to have company the very next day. I'm already going to be exhausted.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Not of reading! Tired in general? Always...

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Taking frequent breaks to do other things. It's helped keep me focused when I am actually sitting down to read. Plus the shorter books have helped. Most of my choices have been middle grade or YA fiction.

5 comments:

jessi said...

I'm looking forward to The Graveyard Book, too! I couldn't find a copy (my town is really small), so I'm watching the videos of him reading it at mousecircus.com.
Happy reading! :)

Iliana said...

I'm in the same boat - we have company coming in tomorrow and the place is far from spotless. Luckily my family knows I'm a terrible housekeeper :)

And, way to go on the 6 books!

Chain Reader said...

I am also reading shorter YA/children's books that have been great. I have to push down feelings of guilt, too!

Book Zombie (Joanne) said...

Graveyard Book is my next read. I am so excited to get a go at it!

You are doing fantastic - 6 books - wow!!

Dewey said...

Course getting up and doing a chore every hour also keeps you from getting all stiff and uncomfortable from staying in one position too long!