Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-A-Thon: Kick Off Post

I was supposed to start reading at 6am, but I'm a little over an hour behind, not a big deal. I'm hoping to get through quite a few books today, mainly those I've wanted to read and if I don't now I won't get to them until after the Cybils are done.

Where are you reading from today? Home and probably the car. We have some errands to run today, so I'll keep reading, even during those!

3 facts about me … I like being up early, but I like going to bed early too (uh-oh). I like my Dunkin Donuts brand coffee with hazelnut creamer. I prefer trade paperbacks to mass markets and hardcovers.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? My entire house is a TBR pile!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? 5 or 6 books. Hopefully I can exceed that.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?Not a vet. First one!



I'll update every few hours and am looking forward to the mini-challenges. Good luck everyone!

Starting time: 7:20 am
Time now: 7:15am
Pages read: 0
Books completed: 0

3 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Reading, Amanda!

Becky said...

Happy reading! I'm so glad you can join us this time :)

Dewey said...

Ha ha, I think all our houses are one big tbr pile. Have fun!