Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holiday Gift Ideas: Charlie and Lola!!

Seriously, who doesn't need a little Charlie and Lola in their lives? Lauren Child has created these now infamous characters that are simply wonderful and SO addicting to read about. We actually have arguments over who gets to check the latest Child book out of the library once it's processed (last time I won, but I usually have to wait...)!

So for my first Holiday Gift Idea, I figured Charlie and Lola were the way to go. Both boys and girls love the sisters and there are two really cool new items featuring them that can work as pretty awesome gifts.

The first is...of course...a book! But this is a POP-UP and we all looooove pop-ups! This version of I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed! is a fabulous pop-up filled with all sorts of cute pull, lift, and pop-up pages, all featuring the lovely Charlie and Lola. Each page is done in the usual illustrations and features some sort of activity, making it a BIG book. Kids will love playing with it and having you read the text to them. I definitely recommend it for home, not so much for the library, only because pop-ups tend to get ruined quite easily in a library environment. Great for a gift though!
And to go with the wonderful pop-up book is a product I didn't even know existed until I saw my friend's daughter playing with it last week. It's the "Charlie and Lola Pink Milk" game! There's a game about Charlie and Lola! YAY! Very simple concept, be the first to get to the center of the board after collecting the appropriate number of pink milk cards. Tigers will try to interrupt your journey though, so watch out! The game is list for 2-4 players, ages 3 and up. I watched a 5 year old playing and she got the concept very easily. Plus...the game is less than $10.00 on Amazon!

If you're interested in learning more or to purchase either the book or the game, click on either image to link you to Amazon.

No comments: