Sunday, December 28, 2008

2009 Challenges

I signed up for quite a few challenges in 2008, most of which I did not complete due to the early arrival of my son and the months we then spent in the hospital. Not a whole lot of reading and reviewing got done in those months, for obvious reasons! For 2009, I want to make up for my lack of completed challenges, so I'm going to join a bunch and hopefully completely each one! Here's my list so far:

The 2009 100+ Book Challenge hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.

Here are the guidelines:

1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.

2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.

3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.

4) All books count: children’s, YA, adults, fiction, non-fiction, how-tos, etc.

For complete rules and to sign up, go HERE.

The 2009 Young Adult Challenge, also hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.

Here are the guidelines for that:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.

The TBR Challenge hosted by MizB over at the TBR Challenge Blog.

Here are those guidelines:

* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months -- you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.

* you need to have a list posted somewhere for others to see (even if it's in a comment here)
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, 2009!!!

* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).

* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed

* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren't TRUE "TBRs"

* you CAN overlap with other challenges

I'll have my list up for this one either today or tomorrow.


J. Kaye Oldner said...

Wanted to stop in and welcome you to The 2009 100+ Book & YA Challenges. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

KittyCat said...

I joined the YA Challenge last year and had good fun. Thinking of joining it again OR start a new challenge for kids' books!

I'm gonna add you to my blogroll - will you add me too?

Happy New Year!