Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Goodies

I hope everyone had a wonderful day with both family and friends yesterday! We kept our activities very small and low-key, which is just what we needed after an incredibly rough and busy year. I made dinner for us and a friend of ours and then Aaron and I went to the movies to see "Benjamin Button." Very good movie...just VERY long and VERY slow.

I thought you all might enjoy seeing some pictures of our day and, of course, of the book gifts I received from the hubby. He doesn't buy many books for me, seeing as though I get at the very least, three deliveries of ARCs during the week and need more books like I need a hole in the head, but this year he bought me a new pop-up book to add to my collection and Dog Lost, a middle grade novel I've been dying to read since it was published in August. I've already read it and loved it...look for a review soon. Here are some pictures:


My Christmas books are above. We really didn't buy that much for each other this year...we just treated ourselves to a new couch and loveseat...a very nice present for ourselves I must say!


My Shae attempting to lick my face and not get in trouble for it. She's my sweet girl.



It's a bit small on here, but here's one of the family after our guests left. Love the new couch!

4 comments:

Vader's Mom said...

You guys do what we do - small (to no) gifts with one large thing we can both share.

We got a kitchen floor!

Staci said...

Love the couch and the throw pillows!! your dog is a cutie!!

Z-Kids said...

Hope 2009 is a good year for you. We've had tough years as well -- 2002 was our doozy. God bless,
Z-Dad

Serena said...

What a great shot of you and the dog and you and the hubby. Love the Couches. Have a great rest of December and New Year.