Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I haven't forgotten about you all

When things go bad for me, they seem to really go bad. Unfortunately, this past week, I lost my mother...she passed away very unexpectedly on the 23rd and though I've tried to keep up with all my Cybils work and email correspondence, I figured I should let you all in on why I haven't been posting. I've spent the past week trying to pack up her rental house in Florida and then Aaron and I drove a Uhaul truck from Central Florida to New Mexico, tying up another few days. I'm home for the moment, but will be flying to NY on Thursday for her services this weekend and I have lots of meetings set up to start taking care of her estate. I plan to be back on regular posting by next Wednesday, so please just bear with me.

As crazy as it seems, I really do need to continue with blogging and have something be "normal" in my hectic life. After losing our baby in September and now my mom, I definitely need to have a constant, so blogging and reading is going to be just that. I'll be back up and running soon folks, I have to be to keep my sanity! For now, I'm just trying to stay cheerful, because I know that's how my mom would have wanted it. See you all soon.

24 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, Amanda. I am truly sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm lifting you up in my prayers. {{{Amanda}}}

Heather said...

Wow, Amanda. I am so sorry for your loss. It's inspiring to read how you are keeping such a positive attitude through all the awful things you have been through this year. All the same, I'm sure you're having a very difficult time and I'll be keeping you in my prayers as you get through this terrible loss.

-Heather (http://heatherlo.wordpress.com)

Becky said...

Amanda,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know that you are in my heart, prayers, and thoughts. I've been lifting you up in prayer and will continue to do so.

Becky

Floral said...

Sympathies and hugs from a faithful reader and fellow librarian from Malaysia. Don't forget the Lord is close to all who call on Him and he will keep you under the shadow of His wings.

Michelle said...

I'm terribly sorry for your loss :( Keeping you in my thoughts.

Marg said...

I am sorry to hear that you have lost another loved one.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

shelburns said...

Amanda, I am so sorry. My husband lost his mom and dad both within a 3 month period this year and it is so hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you work through this. Please know that we are here to help you keep your "sanity."

Anna said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. ((HUGS))

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

sending you hugs in your time of need.

Charlotte said...

Oh Amanda, I'm so, so sorry.

Jen Robinson said...

Oh, Amanda, I'm so sorry. No one should have so much loss in such a short time.

Know that your blogging, even as it helps you, matters to other people, too.

Amelia said...

Amanda,

I am so very, very sorry for both of your losses. I am sending lots of hugs, prayers, and warm-wishes your way.

You are in my prayers. I only hope that time, faith, and even blogging, can help you heal. I am in awe of you and your strength. Please know that you have many prayers coming your way.

Amelia

Jenny Schwartzberg said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. We (the kidlitosphere) are all thinking of you and sending supportive thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself!

Tricia said...

Amanda,
You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for loss.
Tricia

Maw Books said...

Amanda, I am so very, very sorry.

Bookish Ruth said...

Oh, Amanda, I'm so sorry. You and your family remain in my prayers.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry Amanda.

Susan said...

What a year you've had. I'm so sorry for all the loss. You're hopeful, positive attitute really inspires me - keep that chin up! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nicola said...

I'm a little late getting caught up on all my blog reading. But I'm so sorry for your losses. Your family will be our prayers. Hugs

Amanda said...

I love you all! Thank you for such kindness through everything. Back tomorrow or Wednesday!

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, how devastating. This is my first time at your blog, so I didn't know about your son. My heart goes out to you.

Corey

Kelley said...

my mother passed away 4 months ago and I felt every bit of sympathy helped a little. So, from across the clouds, I'm sending thoughts of comfort and love.

Fran said...

I am so sorry; you are in my prayers.

Cloudscome said...

Amanda I am so sorry for your loss. You must do what is good for you and take care of yourself. Set your priorities on what will really serve you and give you time to heal/process/mourn and find peace. Getting stuff done is only as good as it does that for you and those you love.

I'm holding you in the light.