Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My 3 Favorite Things of 2008

Now, here at A Patchwork of Books, 99% of my posts are book related. As a treat, maybe to you, maybe to myself, I wanted to come up with a list of my Favorite Things of 2008 that are non-book related...however, a list I could not muster. This year has stunk for me and that's being mild about it! That being said, there were a few things that I absolutely loved about 2008 and thus, I've compiled them for you. Laugh if you must!

The first item I'm in love with is Steam n' Mash Potatoes. Seriously folks, have you all found these yet?! They are REAL potatoes, already peeled and cut for you that you simply steam IN THE BAG and then mash. No peeling for 20 minutes, chopping, boiling, whipping, etc. And they taste like wonderfully, yummy, carb filled mashed potatoes. An amazing invention if I may say so.

My second favorite item of 2008 is the fabulous Wii Fit (which I use to work off the potatoes!). This thing is such a cool invention and it actually is a great workout, though looks are at first deceiving. The yoga is really good for stretching, the hula hooping is a crazy fast way to burn a whole bunch of calories and still enjoy yourself, and there are lots of fun games that distract you from the workout part. PLUS, it does a body calculation on you so progress can be tracked. It's pretty awesome.

Finally, my FAVORITE thing of 2008 is the television show, The Big Bang Theory. Are you all watching this? It is absolutely hilarious! I don't think I have ever laughed as hard watching a tv show as I have done each week with this. Really...Monday nights, you need to watch this show. Sheldon is so perfectly cast and portrayed. Man I love this show! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to embed a video, but just trust me on this...watch it!

Here's to a happier 2009!


Ryler32 said...

The Big Bang Theory is the funniest show on TV. I love this show. It is hilarious.

Joy said...

Oh yes . . . we love those potatoes, too! I've heard great things about Wii Fit, but haven't participated - yet. And, I've never heard of The Big Bang Theory. I'll have to look into it.

Happy New Year, Amanda! May your year of 2009 be filled with blessings! :)

Kerry said...

I can't comment on the first two, but I just love The Big Bang Theory. It's my favourite thing on TV.

Kim Kasch said...

Okay, you might not consider playing the drums a sport but try Rock Band 2 and you just might see my reasoning: "playing" an instrument can be a workout - and as much energy might be expended as when you "play" a game that involves athleticism.

Anna said...

I love the Wii Fit! My hubby just bought it for me for Christmas and I can't get enough of it. It sure does make exercise fun for someone who'd rather be sitting down with a book.

Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

My parents love the Big Bang Theory. I've watched it a few times and found it enjoyable, but the hubby likes other shows that come on at that time...so I let him have that night during the week since my other shows fill up the rest of the weekly viewing.

I don't have the Wii Fit, but Anna loves her recent Xmas gift...she's got me intrigued...snow boarding...etc.