Sunday, February 1, 2009

At Break of Day

Ooooh Nikki Grimes. Love her! And now...I love Paul Morin too. Can't believe I haven't seen this one before! This is such a beautifully illustrated book and it's content is perfect for a Sunday morning. Enjoy!

At Break of Day, written by Nikki Grimes and illustrated by Paul Morin, is basically the Creation story accompanied by some of the coolest illustrations ever. Though quoting from Hebrews and not Genesis, Grimes and Morin tell the how God made the Earth, universe, stars, animals, a beautifully, thought provoking manner.

Though I grabbed this from the library, it's one I definitely want on my home shelves for my kids. These illustrations are indescribable, you must see them for yourself. And the text? It tells the story of my God and his creation in a beautiful way. I have absolutely no complaints. Loved it.

To learn more or to purchase, click on the book cover above to link to Amazon.

At Break of Day
Nikki Grimes

Picture Book

Eerdman's Books for Young Readers


October 1999

No comments: