Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Every Rescued Dog Has a Tale

As we all know, I love stories of rescue dogs. Dogs that were just suffering or set to die in shelters that were saved and placed in forever homes just tug at my heart strings and inspire me to do more than I already do to help these dogs. I have a rescue dog myself and sponsor two others that are waiting for their own forever homes...and I read books like Deborah Eades' Every Rescued Dog Has a Tale: Stories from the Dog Rescue Railroad.

This simple, straight to the point book is made up of stories of dogs transported along the Dog Rescue Railroad, a group of people willing to transport rescued dogs to their new forever homes, in order to get as many dogs out of shelters as possible, especially for those unable to drive long distances to pick up their new best friends.

I have a soft spot in my heart for pit bulls, so my favorite story was that of Oreo, a pit mix used as a bait dog in an illegal dog fighting ring. After a really tough beginning to his life, as well as time spent in a shelter, Oreo finally got a great forever home in Kentucky. And he was absolutely ADORABLE!

Lots of photos of the dogs are also included, as is a section on how to get involved. Overall, a very simple, yet heartwarming book on one of my absolute favorite subjects.

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book are donated to DogsDeserveBetter.org, a wonderful charity with only the well-being of dogs on their minds. They also sell the book on the site, so if you are looking to purchase it, you can go there, or to my Amazon link above (click on the book cover).


Every Rescued Dog Has A Tale
Deborah Eades
140pages
Lulu.com Publishing
9781430317388
November 2007

3 comments:

Serena said...

Wow what a great book...thanks for the review. I know exactly who would love this book.

LuLu and LoLLy! said...

We are 2 Maltese dogs and LoLLy is a rescue. Two Paws up! for this outstanding recommendashon! Love, Your PaLs, LuLu and LoLLy! http://www.luluandlolly.com

Bob said...

This is a woderful book that will touch the heart of all dog lovers...it takes you into the author's real life experiences and involves the reader in a world of compassion, caring and dedication.
Robert McCarty